Monday 23 February 2009

Zero 2 Hero - Moved up in limits


Hey guys

This is just a quick update. I haven't played much at all this week but I have managed to move up in limits to NL20 after hitting $500.

The NL10 games were super soft and most players were either really loose and over played weak top pair type hands and chased draws no matter what price I was setting them or they were very, very tight and played a very straight forward game where it was easy to dodge their big hands or float in position and take pots away on the turn when they check/folded with nothing.

I expect NL20 to be much the same and I will try to put more hands in to get to NL50 ASAP. I intend to move up to the next stake level when I hit $1000 giving me 20 buy ins.

If I lose more than five buy ins now that I have just moved up (leaving me $400) then I will move back down to NL10 and re-grind my roll but due to the level of competition I expect a pretty low variance game.

This just goes to show that playing a straight forward game is all you need to crush NL10. You will not need to run crazy bluffs or chase draws as most of the money I have made has just been value betting the hell out of fish and reading the board texture to make good decisions.

Broker

No comments: