Wednesday 18 February 2009

Zero to Hero - Minted Poker Bankroll Challenge



Hi Guys
I must admit that this challenge was kind of an accident. I deposited some money on Minted poker to transfer to a friend. I deposited $50 to send him but was only allowed to transfer $30 (as I had to have a minimum of $20 in my account to make transfers for some reason).

Rather than put another $20 on with my credit card I decided to play some heads up, no limit, holdem $10 poker. After I grinded another $20 out I send it over to said friend but still found $20 in my account. So not being much of a heads up player I donked around on the NL$10 heads up tables not really caring if I won or lost. Due to the standard of play being unreal (lots of really bad players) I quickly found myself with $50 again.

A few days went by and I was reading the latest edition of Card Player magazine where Chris "Jesus" Ferguson had another article about his zero to $10,000 bankroll challenge. I'm not a bad poker player by any stretch but I wouldn't put myself on his level. I splashed around here and there for the next two weeks (when I was drunk or bored) messing with some micro stakes heads up.

Then last week I decided to challenge myself and show the micro stakes players on Tagpoker what is possible with a $50 deposit. So this week has been a fairly solid grind (about three hours a day at least lol) and I am nearly ready to move up to NL$20. Seems amazing that in a week of play I have gone through a whole level, when I hit $500 I'll be moving up.

Above is a screen shot of my Minted Poker account, I have high lighted my current balance, the fact that the account is showing all transactions (I have not topped the account up in any way) and my initial deposit. I'll post more screen shots as I hit milestones.

I'll also be using hands from the Zero 2 Hero challenge to make videos for Tagpoker focusing on the adjustments I make as I move up. I have never actually grinded micro stakes so this should also enable me to relate to the games better in order to help those guys out.

My screen name on Minted is Paris_Tilton in case you try to find me in action.

Good Luck at the tables


Brokerstar

No comments: