Wednesday 5 November 2008

Chapter One - I need a Poker Coach


My first blog! Wow I've become a cyber geek, it was only a matter of time.

Recently I realised that I'm not the absolute Don of the poker world. I felt like I could reach into peoples soul and take away their money before they even knew what hit them. Well that's how it went for a few months until i hit the wall (20 buyin downswing).

Rather than cry about it, well rather than keep crying at least, I've decided to take my game to the next level by giving it over to the 'professionals'. Yes Tiger Woods might be a legend on the golf course but even he has enlisted coaches to improve his game, ensuring that he stays one step ahead of the competition. I've employed a poker coach! yes you heard (read) that right, a twenty something, online poker player who's going to watch me play and improve my game to the tune of $160 per hour. My god, whats that in real money? nearly £95 an hour, he wants to be able to work some miracles for that! lol

Anyway, I've had one lesson/session so far and it mainly consisted of him watching me play and asking what I'm thinking as I make my decision's (for £95 an hour I think I could force myself to do that). To be honest there were a few spots where he genuinely got me thinking and the answers didn't come as quickly as I had hoped. It slowly dawned on me that I don't think as much as I should, I just kind of run on auto pilot, and although I think my auto pilot is better than a lot of people play in my game, it's clearly far from optimal.

I have two more lessons booked in and at the end of which I'm going to decide if I really feel this guy is adding value to my game.

No comments: