Monday 17 November 2008

The Protege - Part 2


Continuing turning a friend who to be fair was an enthusiastic, recreational, yet sadly losing poker player into the beast that will tear up the low stakes world.

OK so after out initial 2.5 hour tune up, Alex is indeed running like Usian Bolt. I'm super impressed by Alex's results so far and the best news is that there are still lots of spots that he can improve on to really Crush the NL50 games on Full Tilt.

Al shipped me over his entire poker tracker database. I've studied his last 4000 hands in depth and so far found a fair few leaks that can still be plugged along with another $150 that he should of had in his account. I know better than anyone that in the heat of battle, your judgment can be somewhat impaired as you throw your chips around and caution to the wind, but some of the spots that I've seen Alex in, he should never of been in, in the first place.

Alex is now playing (for those of you into the poker jargon) a 21/19/3.6 style which at NL50 makes him a force to be reckoned with, the only real tweaks i want to focus on with him now are hand reading and ill timed bluffs, which to be fair, kinda go hand in hand as subjects.

I'm really excited about our next session together, I'm certain that if he takes in what I have to say, he will be an even stronger player and moving up to NL100 within a couple of months.

No comments: