Thursday 6 November 2008

I'm so pleased that Obama won - Posted in a poker forum


I saw a post on one of my poker training sites that read "congratulations Obama". I immediately opened up the thread to share my support and was horrified by what I saw. Some of the people in said forum were truly not happy to see Obama win so here is a comment in particular that I had to put my two cents worth across. lol


Originally Posted by The_Drake
Not sure how a junior senator with no experience could be someone's hero but to each their own I guess..why people in American want to become more like Europe & be taxed to death is beyond me....

I'm not sure how...
Taxing Small Business
Unionizing Small Business
Enacting the Fairness Doctrine
Nationalizing Healthcare
NOT drilling for Oil in the US
Bankrupting the Coal industry
appointing judges who legislate from the benchand
having unchecked liberalism in both houses, could be good for this country...


Hopefully a true conservative can run in 2012 and help change the destruction an Obama admin will have on this country.....Having said all that I hope I am wrong and we will more moderate then what he's record otherwise suggests..


My reply

LOL

I'm not American but from a european standpoint I'm so relieved that we no longer have a war mongering, fundimentalist Christian, nutcase sat in the white house with his hand hovering over the self destruct button, eyes rolling round the back of his head whilst chanting "tell me when lord, tell me when!"

This is such a significant day in history period! I sat up until 3am to watch this momentous occasion and wow I'm impressed, speechless that it's actually happened. Surley this renews and brings true meaning to the term "The American Dream".

Just a quick one on being so heavily taxed and Obama destroying the country. Americas economy is on its knees, the world wide perception of the states is certainly not good (shoot first, ask questions later) the health care system looks expensive, corrupt and a mess (in the UK if I need major surgery for the next ten years, on a weekly basis, it won't cost me a penny) and to top it off, you as a poker player get taxed... Tax free over here baby!

And now you have a President who can actually string a sentence together, seems like a decent person, has real morals, and may try to avoid wars instead of instigate them. Man this is the best thing that could of happened to the states and probably the rest of the world (lots less innocent people being bombed and shot by crazy soldiers just looking to kill something like back home on the ranch).

Did make me laugh though, on TV here there was a program about some white, religous nutters over there that say an African should not be able to lead America... Laughable really as I don't think Bush's ancestors would of been native American.

Anyway when I think of the USA and the next four years I do it with a smile, a thought that I was here when that happend (a black president) and a feeling of safety that I havn't felt for nearly decade.God Bless America!

Edit: (I have my fingers crossed that you guys at least try, just try, for the love of god and innocent third world countrys, not to assasinate this president. Everytime you have a cool president some nutter gets out his free gun that he probably got for opening a bank account then goes and shoots the poor git before he has a chance to make a difference)

Just my two cents!



No comments: