Monday 9 March 2009

Zero 2 Hero - Fish of the week

For anyone in any doubt as to why I have chosen to really pursue this challenge on Minted poker, keep reading!

Firstly the rake back is huge and paid weekly right into your poker account. This is great for speeding up the growth of your roll and helps with staying motivated when you have the odd bad week.

Secondly (and most importantly) the fish. Some of the guys that I've been playing with are so unreal that you will have to see it to believe it. Granted I never intend to run into any super stars at NL20 but I can't stress how bad a lot of these guys are.

In order to really illustrate just how soft the games are and how terrible some of the guys playing are, I've posted the above screen shot. The guy in the hand with me has valiantly earned the title - Fish of the week.

To give you a run down of how the hand played out, here goes. Bad player limps in under the gun (first to act), the table folds round to me where I raise for a pot size bet. The bad player takes half a second to think about his options and snap calls. I flop two overs and a flush draw so am happy to get my money in here (if I can).

I fire out a pot size bet on the flop and the donkey calls. On the turn I make top pair with the nut flush draw so I still want to extract value but not scare him off so I fire about 2/3 pot, if he calls the river is a very easy shove as his stack is so short (basically I don't need to mash the pot button on this turn). After I bet the turn, to my surprise the guy then decides that his hand is best and shoves all in, I snap call, not entirely sure if I'm good or not but he's too short stacked to fold by this point.

Now I have no idea what the guy is thinking from start to finish and to be fair I don't care, there is no real lesson to be learnt from this hand but what it should do is make some of you want to get involved in what is essentially shooting fish in a barrel.

I have a feeling that it'll take some doing to get this guy off of top spot but then again I see more and more amazing and wonderful hands played by these guys everyday, so never say never.

If you also feel like jumping into the huge fish tank that is Minted Poker then check out the sign up details and get started.

The only other site that I know to have so many bad players (from my personal experience) is PKR. I'll do a seperate review before long but the main reason being is that the graphics seem to entertain people to the point where they stop focusing on how you play. Also the PKR rakeback is pretty good.

Good Luck



Brokerstar
(Current Bankroll)

No comments: